Monday 12 March 2018

Adventure continues.............

So when I landed I was whisked away from the airport to Miss Fiona's@ Bubz Rugz.............
She is just fabulous and we had a great time together..........
I enjoyed some great long walks in her area and found some lovely things to photograph along the way............
the plant above looked like 3 plants next to each other and thick and only short..........but great colours and look in the garden...........
gorgeous frangipanis flowering everywhere.......different colours too..............I stole a few from Fiona's garden actually Mr Bubz Rugz garden...........
Grevilleas...........
Spider lily? very delicate and pretty none the less..............
Even found some old cattle yards in my walk........old timber joins...........they don't make them like this any more............
I ended up walking 6kms around the suburbs...........felt a bit too flash walking on paths even............
 After all that walking I relaxed with some hand stitching and then moved onto my Churn Dash quilt..............I stole Fiona's design wall............
thanks for the loan of a machine Fiona............I had all but one seam left to join when I went out for the evening............
 Yep I gate crashed Friday night stitching..............
Kris @ Tag-along Teddies was there so great to catch up with her also...........I did some hand stitching and also pinned the last seam on the quilt.............
Straight after sewing I came home to Fiona's and joined the final seam and my churn dash is now finished..............OMG it is bigger then I thought............this is a queen bed I laid it out on.........I only added an extra row to one side and the bottom........
Oh well as I say bigger is better..........
Found these gorgeous gluten free cup cakes on a fete stall that I worked on while away too..............OMG they were amazing............
I wished I had pics of the others there........it was so pretty..........
After all that fun I had to pack up and leave the beautiful green Toowoomba and head home to a dry brown farm.............
Catch you later.............
Chookyblue.............

22 comments:

jude's page said...

Love your churn dash quilt, and those burgundy triangles just set it off beautifully. Your adventures sounds like fun, and yes the country is very brown here too, just waiting for the green. Those timber joins have stood the test of time very well.

Lynda said...

Love reading about your adventures. Churn dash is gorgeous. And you are looking gorgeous too.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt is gorgeous and yes, the bigger then better! Looks like you had a fantastic time with Fiona :)

Susan said...

What adventures...I have oodles of that plant you had in the first photo...could bring that . . .
those cup cakes look so pretty.. Great to have Churn Dash finished . . ..

Raewyn said...

It does sound like you really enjoyed your visit to Toowoomba...nice that you got to do stitching stuff as well, while you were there. I love your nice big churndash quilt!

Lin said...

What a great time you had. The quilt looks fantastic. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your churn dash looks wonderful....well done! Love all your piccies....and ohhhh pretty cup cakes. Lovely catch up xx

Jenny said...

You have been busy. Lovely interesting photos and a great quilt finish. Well done

Diane-crewe said...

it looks so good x .. so does the garden x

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Always great to catch up & wonderful to see you got that last seam sewn before heading home. :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The Churn Dash quilt is gorgeous.

Annie Kingma said...

Heel mooie quilt genaaid
Groetnis Annie

Sue SA said...

Your churn dash quilt looks great, I think it is the perfect size...unless you are going to quilt it yourself on the domestic machine, then it looks like a monster! LOL!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh so much fun! Your churn dash is awesome... xx

Sylvia said...

What a lovely time away!

sunny said...

Great churn dashes! And it's all put together. It sounds like you had a wonderful time away, and the memories will hold you over after you return to the brown farm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky isnt the garden beautiful there at Fiona's so wonderful that you get to visit her,i know she looks forward to your visits. Wow love your churn dash quilt it looks fantastic and great to chat to you the other night xx

kiwikid said...

Your churn dash quilt looks amazing, must feel great to get it together. Great you got to spend time with Fiona and the stitching girls. Your walk around the neighbourhood sounded great too.

loulee said...

Your quilt top looks amazing Chooky. What a great trip you had.

Janice said...

What fun. The churn dash quilt really is lovely. You three look like you got up to lots of mischief.

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carole said...

What a lovely adventure! Your quilt turned out beautiful! Cheers!