Sunday 7 January 2018

Another one bites the dust.......

Forcing my 10mins on each day has results..........as I have stayed inspired to get my top together............especially when you can see it coming together.......most days the 10mins turned into more...........
Started this one on the 1st.....finished the top this morning.......and it's only the 7th.......woohoo............
The blocks came from Googy Girls Traditional Nine Patch Swap..........
I posted about it here and here and here............that I could find..........
You can see Kerry's finished quilt from this swap at the bottom of this post.......
colour runs in the nine patches on the diagonal.........
I had a bundle of 1metre pieces that I cut into to make the filling blocks..........
gradually over the week it all came together..........
Its so exciting when you see this happening.........
And suddenly it was done...........
"Googy's Nine Patch Quilt"...........
Ok onto another project.............that list is being smashed.............
maybe I can start a real new quilt..........
Catch you later......
Chookyblue......

34 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love it! One with cream squares is on my one day list xx

Kristen King said...

Wow!!! I think I need to do the 10 minutes a day, this is fabulous!

Maria said...

OMG you'er surely working through your UFOs.. fabulous...
Maybe I have to stop starting new quilts.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow amazing awesome well done ❤️❤️❤️

Helen said...

Fantastic....you are on fire....go chooky

Jo said...

Well done. It would be a great feeling to get some things off the list of to dos....

Anita said...

You're on a roll!

Sandi said...

Your go girl - your on a roll...and it looks great..xx

Oops-Lah said...

Fantastic! Keep it going. And I'm going to join you!

Susan said...

Wonderful effort Chooky.....I won't mention some other projects you can work on.....lol

cityquilter grace said...

love it...so scrappy and colorful!

Rose Marie said...

Love it! You are doing so good with that 10 mins. challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will pull out and finish.

Gail said...

So pretty! I LOVE 9 patches! You are really getting a lot done in those 10 minutes each day. Just keep rolling!

Tracy said...

Looks great. It sure does feel good to get some things off the to-do list.

Sue SA said...

I love a nine patch, especially in reproductions, this is beautiful! You are really on a productive roll, I think 2018 is going to be your year of finishes.

Pidgeon Patch said...

Sheesh... you are sooooo fast...

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh I love the look of this one.

gracie said...

You are a marvel with these quilts. Great job.

Fiona said...

so effective how you have put that together...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Oh wow! Amazing how the solid blocks bring it all together ... looks amazing

Googy Girl said...

That looks amazing, I really love it.
http://toomanyeggs-trish.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/brandwood.html?m=1
This was myn

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Very cool! You are on a roll! xx

Anthea said...

Wwwwwoooooo Hhhhhooooooo! You're on a roll Chooky... very pleased for you.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Yay! What a good feeling to finish something up like that! I love the scrappy-ness--fun!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Gorgeous! Hurray for 10 minutes a day!

Janice said...

How good is that! I really love the way you have varied the background squares. It really gives it a lift.

Leratdesfils said...

Waouh ! Awesome !

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE this! Way to go.

loulee said...

Oooh! That looks so good.

kiwikid said...

You are doing so well, amazing how much you can get done with just a small amount of time each day, the quilt top oooks amazing.

pandchintz said...

Go you!!

Carole said...

Wow, you've been quite productive! Love how it is turning out!

The Sloan Patch said...

Fantastic - 10 minutes a day would really help when it comes to all that piecing!

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love it.