Sunday 31 December 2017

Come on down no 3

No 3 pretty pink/pastals started life from a Fat 1/4 birthday swap.................clearly I asked to soft and pretty..........gorgeous fabrics I received............
Here are most of the fabrics when I received them.....good memories.......only a couple of the girls blog now...........
I just can't find the post with the blocks............I know I'll look in my blog book from 2009..........I know I was thinking of using pink chenille with the blocks..........ok looked and only found a post that showed a glimpse of them finished in June 2010 blocks were made and I took them on a retreat but clearly did nothing with them.......
this is what I started with today - blocks that needed to be squared off at 14.5in..........
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BLOCK NAME?
I decided it needed sashing and cornerstones............
found that in the stash............I think it from Aster Manor...........
initially I was only adding sashing to the inside then the border but I decided it needed them all the way around too..............before the border...............
Love this border print............found it in the stash too..............
Needed another thin border of the cornerstone fabric before the final border..............
LOVE IT.............
%%%
Needs a name..............help.........any ideas????
%%%
Decided looking at all these old projects I sucked at putting details in quite a few of them........so it's a bit of a mystery what I was thinking at the time..............
there are scraps from cutting these blocks but no idea where they are...........lol.............
This was to post last night but I fell asleep while typing it.............
Anyway suns not up and I am in the chookshed......it's a beautiful cool moring which will not last long enough....36 today..........soon as I hit publish I will be baking Pie...........Blueberry pie to be exact..........it's coming along very well............wait til I well you how long it's been baking for.........scared myself............
%%%%%
Anyone keen for a Fat 1/4 birthday swap..........Aussies only...........too expensive to send too many parcels  over seas........2 fat quarters only needed in the package............nothing else at all...........are you interested?????
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.....

23 comments:

Gail said...

Seesh, You are on fire! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to some Blueberry pie!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Gtreat Quilt....I’m going to think of it as Blueberry Pie....the cornerstones are the blueberries and the borders are the crust so that will be my suggestion lol!

jude's page said...

Love that you are getting sewing time, your quilt looks great, looking forward to seeing Blueberry Pie, and sorry I am not good at naming quilts. Tell me more about this fatquarter swap and what's involved?

kiwikid said...

You are on fire with your sewing...I do not know the name of this block. I am interested in doing the swap, already in one over at Cheryll (stitching cubbyhole) so why not one more!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH yes I do love this pink one--I think the word 'Friendship' should be in the name as you said you got the fat quarters from friends!!!
bet that pie came out great--I think I could smell it all the way over here in the US!!
enjoy the moments, di

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky wow and double wow your quilt looks awesome ,the border you have chosen sets your blocks off so well.
What a wonderful finish this will be,well done my friend.
Yummy love blueberry pie and blackberry pie,lol to be honest i love all pies,lol happy Sunday Chooky xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks so fantastic! Hmmmm blueberry pie. The blocks kinda look like kisses so msybe "Friendship Kisses"???

Susan said...

I am not very creative naming things - but I do like Michelle's Friendship kisses.
I'll join the swap if its kept to just fat quarters - some swaps get over the top with the extra bits.
I'd love some blueberry pie too - can you send some??
good to see you sre making the mot of "your" time.

Narelle said...

Lovely finish and glad you added the thin border of cornerstone fabric, really makes it!
I'll give Michelle's name suggestion a thumbs up too :)

Cheryl said...

Love this block Chooky in your pretty fabrics. Hope someone knows the name of it as its a great block. Well done on so many lovely finishes. Would be interested in Fat 1/4 birthday swap

Deb R said...

Its a lovely finish! I think Friendship Kisses is a nice name! Ill be up for a fq swap :)

Susan said...

This block reminds me of one called Whirlwind. There is a tutorial for it here: https://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2016/4/29/classic-blocks-fresh-fabric-the-whirlwind-quilt-block
Maybe that might help you with a name?

Janice said...

Friendship Kisses is a really clever name for it. I can’t believe what a difference the sashing and especially the peeper border make to the quilt. It has turned out a treat.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful. Friendship Kisses sounds good to me too. Hugs, xx

luv 2 cre8 said...

I'd be interested in a fat quarter swap. How about whirlybird or whirlygig for the quilt. It's a lovely quilt, very pretty soft colours

maria said...

hi Chooky would you need to have a blog to do the swap. it sounds good, and love the quilts. Michelle's name sounds good

Maria said...

Another lovely finish..
Would like to join in a Birthday FQ Swap Chooky...

Maria said...

PS I also think Michelle's idea of Friendship Kisses is a great name..

Fiona said...

Another gorgeous quilt... I really suck at thinking of names....
Hugz

Anita said...

It's very pretty! I have found some blocks from block swaps I was in......need to just put them together!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Another awesome one...the Friendship Kisses....sounds perfect 👌🏻 ❤️❤️❤️Happy New Year ❤️❤️❤️

simplestitches said...

your quilt is lovely! Think the other girls have suggested some great names.
yes would definitely be interested in the FQ swap if it's still open.
Happy New Year and hope that 2018 is better than last year!

Bethan said...

A lovely quilt! And I love the idea of calling it Friendship Kisses. Happy New Year! x