Wednesday 5 April 2017

GDITC Saturday...........

Saturday started off grey and drizzly around but we enjoyed a nice walk...........
it was fresh but strangely the breeze was warm.............
a good breaky to start he day...........
Our gorgeous project was this from Bonnie Sullivan USA.............
new to me she is printing fabric ..........we appliqued a bit of wool on the spool, stitched over the leaves and added the buttons........done.........
I know sit down but I had a high achievement on the day...........
got my pincushion and needlebook done..............
Bonnie helped with the pincushion........it is attached to the lid of the container...........
great christmas decorations.........these are also preprinted patterns and you do a little applique of some wool and add a few stitches to smarten it up and it's done...........
lots of great friends to spend time with.........
my biggest partner in all things quilty Miss Jules and me.........
Kerri and Dawnie.........
Googy and Suzie..........
My table (back) Diddles, me, Lea aka Fairy Floss.......
(front) Googy, Suzie and Dawnie........
Me and Bonnie with my project finished so far..............
she was an absolute delight to have as a tutor........
&&&&
Thanks heaps to Kerry for organising 10 years of amazing workshops.......by chance it has become a melting pot of bloggers from 3 states.......all with the one amazing connection to blogging and stitching..........I was so so so sad to hear it was to be our last Girls Day In The Country............
the bloggy girls............
such a wonderful group.........
(back) Fiona, Googy, me, Diddles, Lea
(middle) Kerri, De, Marilyn, Janice, Deb, Jenny, Sandy, Dawnie
(front) Lynda, Susan, Dzintra, Bonnie, Kerry, Suzie
Sarah in the background but me and Elizabeth.......
late night party girls.........
such a ball.............thanks to Kim and the absent Heath for having us once again at the caravan park..........always such a perfectly neat park with immaculate cabins............and the great BBQ again on Sat night...........
I have missed swap pics so will try and get those taken but we did our Make it, Bake it, Fake it swap on Sat night.........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.........

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky lovely pics of the girls and wow you look great .
I love Bonnies projects and I am impressed you got so much finished,so sad that it is the last one.xx

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! There is nothing like good girly girl time! And I thank you again for the inspiration to keep walking! We had more snow last night - yes April 4th! But I am walking in it anyway!

Oops-Lah said...

Now this is a bit spooky; only five minutes ago I saw that Bonnie is coming to my LQS in September and I was wondering if I should sign up for it. I love what you've made; is the box (with the bird on it) also part of it? Just my cup of tea!! xx

Denice Barker said...

Love, love, love the fabric you used for the needle book. LOVE it!
It's too bad this was your last gathering. Maybe other arrangements can be made for the future.

Ondrea said...

Beautiful projects and lovely company. Lovely seeing such happy faces.

The Sloan Patch said...

So much fun...

kiwikid said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Some beautiful projects there and you got lots done!! Love the little Xmas decorations...and love your new header too, beautiful photo. Great seeing happy smiling faces!!

jude's page said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time, sad when good things come to an end, maybe something else will get planned instead.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great pics of a great time! I love her no many of us are sad that this was the last one!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely projects. Thanks for sharing lots of fantastic pics. Looks live all enjoyed themselves.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such pretty projects! xx

Jo said...

I do like the needle and thread stitchery with the little bird. Very cute.

DAWNIE said...

Great weekend, great pics, awesome workshop! Awesome group of ladies! So sad was last one!

Bethan said...

Your weekend looks so fun, and as always you have shared beautiful projects. Sorry it was your last meet up x

Karen in Breezy Point said...

How fun to have a day with Bonnie--the projects are all adorable!!

Jenny said...

Great photos of everyone

Anthea said...

So many beautiful faces & memories there Chooky... you will all keep in touch & continue your friendships xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous photos of all you gorgeous ladies. Love all the projects..

Thimbleanna said...

Wow - it looks like you had a wonderful time - how sad that it will all come to an end. The little projects look wonderful - I'm especially drawn to the first little bird and the little house purse