Monday 13 August 2012

patient..........

patient  (ˈpeɪʃənt) 
— adj
1.enduring trying circumstances with even temper
2.tolerant; understanding
3.capable of accepting delay with equanimity (mental calmness, composure)

I had trouble finding a picture for patient (you get lots of sick people at Dr's) so I googled impatient instead.........

found here......I love it..........
Isn't it great...........you have mostly been very patient but as I know there is a lot of talk about and a few emails here and there asking the BIG QUESTION.....Am I running the SSCS  again this year???  Yes I am doing the swap again this year............

So now it's time for the Secret Santa Christmas Swap 2012............
                       2007 - 80+

                       2008 - 156

                       2009 - 118
                       2010 - 108
                       2011 – 135

                       2012 - __?
If you want to see what happened previous years go to my labels and choose Secret Santa Christmas Swap or SSCS08, SSCS09, SSCS10  SSCS11 (or just after xmas there are a pile of posts of presents each year)


The rules are simple
NO 1 Make a beautiful gift (love, time and effort required) – you can make whatever you want eg, bag, wall hanging, stitchery, table runner, Christmas theme (optional) ...send something you would love to receive... 
(not something you whip up in a couple of hours)

NO 2 Make a small decoration that can be hung on a Christmas tree (simple or fiddly up to you)

### Don't tell anyone who your SSCS partner is please. This is a secret until they receive their parcel or Christmas Day shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! A different person will be sending to you....

### international postage essential (think about weigh of parcel)

### You need to have an active blog .....posting a couple of times a month.... so your partner can sneak a peek and get ideas of what to make for you and they know you are active.....therefore existing

###  Sending (not before 19th November) deadline is 23rd November to ensure your partner gets their present before Christmas (reason for swap)

### Make sure you "thank" your Santa - very important and post about your present when you receive it..........

### If you are difficult to contact you may be dropped from the SSCS.....several times between now and the deadline I email out and you MUST reply...so if you are going away for a week or 2 just let me know

### If everyone can follow the above it will make for another very successful SSCS..... less headaches for me.........

### Any problems make sure you contact me sooner rather than later

Please don't sign up
  • if you are not prepared to send (non-senders are named)
  • if you’re too busy
  • if you’re not committed to making and sending quality handmade gifts


 ### SIGN UP is a little different this year
If you want to join email (chookybluesscs at gmail dot com) (not my usual address)
I will then email you a link for an online form to complete. (Check your spam if you don't get it)

Swap partners emailed once I get a chance to do it but I post on my blog once I have done them.

PLEASE DON'T BLOG ABOUT THE S W A P  UNTIL IT IS CLOSED....UPDATED SWAP CLOSED..........


If you have only come here to join the swap and never visited before this isn’t the swap for you......this is for my regular visitors......

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

46 comments:

AnitaS said...

I am so glad you are doing it again. Thanks.

Susan said...

A huge effort again, but we love you for it. Thankyou. X

Rachaeldaisy said...

That patient chicken cartoon cracked me up- so funny! Good on you for organizing such a great swap. I won't be joining in because I've got too much on the go, but it'll be fun seeing it pop up on different blogs .

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You are a real Gem to organise this. hugs

Anne Heidi said...

Yeeey! so excited- you are a true angel!

Fiona said...

It's so popular and a great swap... I will be away Oct/Nov probably so will not be able to join in this year... I will have fun looking at what others do though...
Hugz
PS loved the cartoon....

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Yes!!!! Smiling, Near Philadelphia

Anonymous said...

wow i am so excited thankyou chooky for hosting it for another year.xx

chook said...

just sent you an email yay so excited hugs Beth

Cathy said...

I did this swap a few years ago it was fun....now I have my mojo back am I ready to commit... Yes of course!! Will email tomorrow !!

Lynn said...

Hurray!!

FloS said...

What a good news !!
Thank you Chooky !
Florence

De said...

It was a fantastic swap to be a part of last year........I will email you. Thank you Chooky!

Kate said...

Email sent, how exciting :)

Cath said...

I followed the swap with quiet envy last year. However, I can't see myself being organised enough this year, maybe next year when I am retired!!
Cath
@ Bits 'n Bobs

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Love the new header

Lurline said...

Goodness me, Donna, so efficient - will be lovely thanks for all your hard work! I've been having little thoughts about it all.
Hugs - Lurline.

Lyn said...

That is exciting news..will send you an email..thank you for organising it again this year as I enjoyed being a first timer last year

Anthea said...

Hi Chooky, I've been thinking about joining in on a Xmas Swap, now I'm just hoping i can join this one. This is great! oh, & i love the chickens being im/patient!

Salley said...

Will have to watch from a distance AGAIN! Cant wait to see all the lovliness and creativity.

Nemo said...

It wouldn't be Christmas (or Fall, for that matter) without it.

*happydance*

Sherry said...

I can completely understand those (im)patient chooks!! That was me. . .I was one of the "pests" asking if there was going to be a SSCS 2012!

Email sent. . . .I have had a wonderful time with this swap every year that I have taken part. I'm sure this year will be no exception.

Wendy said...

I have been waiting patiently for you to post about the swap! I have sent out my email to you. And I know this year will be as fun and exciting as the previous years!

The yellow blooms on your header are so pretty! What type of tree/bush is that?

Indigo Blue said...

I have watched this swap from afar for several years.
Perhaps I could join in this time?
I shall email tonight.
xx

chook said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you have a fantastic day
hugs Beth

Jeanette said...

Thankyou for running it again. Happy Birthday to you. Hugs,

Christine M said...

A little bird told me it was someone's birthday. So Happy Birthday Chooky! I hope you have a lovely day.

Sheryl said...

Happy Birthday Chooky! I hope you have a great day with lots of birthday surprises....

AnitaS said...

Happy Birthday. I wish you health and a lot of love.

pamkennison said...

Just heard it was your birthday today, happy birthday Chooky, have a great day :) xxxx

retdairyqueen said...

Just dropped by to wish you a happy birthday Hope you have a great day and a great year xx

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Chooky,hope you have a great day.

Wendyb said...

such a great swap but too many commitments this year.....have a very sad face right now :(.... never mind......that cartoon is a crack up so cheered me up!
hope you're having the most wonderful birthday day too.....lots of spoiling in order!!!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) xox

gracie said...

...You are so brave to organize this! Love the patient....

Chrissie said...

Many happy returns of the day, hope you have a fun filled day.

Salley said...

Birthday Chooky?
Cock-a-doodle-dooooooooooooooooo!

Hope you get spoilt rotten...and have cake.Yum.
Happy Birthday 2U.

Helen said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear Chookybluuuue, Happy Birthday to you!!

Lyn said...

Heard it was your birthday today..so a very Happy Birthday to you..hope you have a fabulous day..

Jenny said...

Great stuff Chooky!

Carole said...

WOOOO HOOOOOO! Such a great swap! Thanks for hosting this! Hugs!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Chooky, have just sent you an e-mail. I love the swaps I have been involved in and really appreciate the time and effort you put in to make sure they work. Thank you
Miche'le

Satu said...

I truly hope that I'm not late and I can be a part of SSCS fun also in this year! You are precious... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY with hugs...

Michell said...

Awwww I missed it. Have been so busy in the last couple of weeks with work I didn't even know it was sign up time and wanted to join this year. Really liked looking at what people got last year. Will wait till next year now, and wait eagarly at what people make this year

May Britt said...

Have I really missed this blogpost while being on vacation!!!!!!!! Is it to late or do you have a spot for me this year too. I would really love to join the SSCS swap this year too.

Grethe said...

Looking forward to Christmas this year as well then!! Please count me in, will send the email soon, THANKS :))

Grethe said...

Will be looking forward to Christmas this year as well then!! Please count me in, will send an email soon, THANKS:-)