Monday 19 January 2009

emailing pics to your posts

updated Feb 2018
I see quite a few girls complaining about the up load time for photos in blogger.....or ipads' phones, programs not talking to blogger properly...........
I used to have this trouble (take 30 mins to upload one photo) but now I email all pics to my blog post and then go in edit and write the words.
this might help you out.........
To setup in your blog

login into you blog
from the dashboard go to "settings" then "email"
in the mail to box you will need to put "(a word)"

say your email is
smith@ hotmail.com

and your blog name is www.sewingroom.blogspot.com

then it will probably have something like already there

smith7.________________@blogger.com
you will need to write in your secret word (of choice) so it could be

smith7.sewing@blogger.com (write this down)

then choose save emails as drafts

Save Settings - this is then setup...........(add the email address to your email address book)

Now how to post

go into your pictures and find the photo/photos you want to post (what goes in an email is in the post)

Select your photos so they are highlighted then right click on your photo/s
choose
Send to mail recipient (using you regular email account eg outlook express, gmail etc) then choose make my pictures smaller and click OK
If you want to send lots of photos I send about 6 at the most per email and then open the draft, copy the pics and paste  into the one you want to publish if you want to have stacks of photos in one post.

your email program will then open

type in your email address

smith7.sewing@blogger.com

your email subject will become the post title
then click
send


Now once this is sent go into your blog and go to edit posts
the email will be saved as a draft - edit draft and I usually make sure there is a space between the photos and type in what you want then post as usual...........
I add my text to the draft post as it goes in the order I want then........
sometimes you may want to go to post options down the bottom and change the time of your post as it gives it the time when you sent the email edit: this has now changed with an update of blogger and it will automatically post the the time you click publish unless you set it to come on at a later date...........sometimes I send several emails of various pics to my blog and then go in and edit and post each when I am ready.............

Good luck hope this helps...........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

24 comments:

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Wow I never knew you could do that. I must try it next time I do a posting with pics.
Thanks
Andrea

Days and colors said...

Thanks! I have to try it!

Jenny said...

Gosh you are such a whizz!!!Thanks for explaining.

ranette said...

Thank you so much!!! I tested adding photos this way and it's MUCH easier!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Angels Come to Play said...

Did you get bored with the cooking??
Shelley

Unknown said...

This is interesting.

annemariesquilt said...

Wow, since I am norwegian I need some time to translate this post so I might understand. I guess I will start by sending your post to my emailadress, then I have all the time I want. Anyway thank you for sharing!

Sheryl said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain these blogging issues that are really confusing until someone tells you how to do it or you spend hours figuring it out yourself when all you really want is to enjoy reading the blogs and seeing what everyone is up to, hugs.

Annie said...

Hi Chook, that all sounds very good but OH so technical - I might check back with that when I am feeling more savvy.

PamelaJ said...

Another eay way to get your photos in the right place and quickly is to use Windows live writer, you just down load the program then write your blog posts to it and so on very easy. Pam

Sonia said...

Thanks for this, I didn't know I could do it, and wow it is much quicker.

Oh and you might want to check out my blog...you have been tagged
:)
Have a great weekend.

Chocolate Cat said...

Thanks , I am going to try this!! Finally am using bloglines and you were right !! it is easier!

Angels Come to Play said...

Hi chooks just dropped by to see if you are home safely. You must be still buying up at the shops big time. Annie's register will be working overtime.
Shelley

Katherine said...

I've wondered how to do this... many thanks, Donna, for explaining this. You're definitely the go-to girl on blogging. :o)

Cheryl said...

I'm going to give this a whirl. Seems like it would be much better.

KaHolly said...

Thanks for the advice. I tried it and it worked like a charm. But you can only type above and below the pictures when you do it this way! Now, how do I customize my header?

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

I am having a spot of bother with the posting to my email site. It is going to my default email

DAWNIE said...

Now this was top advice - havent been able to get my head around it until today - MUCH faster way to upload pics - i used to cook dinner in between each upload it took so long. Just need to work out how to get the words between the pic and next pic.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

My photos take ages too....thanks I will try this!!!

BubzRugz said...

Hello Chookyblue - it is way after you posted this - I am just starting a blog and your tips are really helping..... Thanks. I have a long way to go - but pop in and visit me sometime! I have been reading your blog for some time but only recently had the courage to "follow" and now I am writing the odd sentence myself! Best wishes..........

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I'm new to blogging and feel so intimidated by so many things, and hope your tips help. This one especially is of interest to me, because I don't have a personal computer, and the laptop I use is work-issued. I can't download my camera software on it, so go to the store and save my photos to a flashdrive or CD. The work-issued laptop then won't let me open to retrieve the photos. And if I e-mail photos and try to save them to My Documents, I have to access my work-related virtual drive to get to My Documents. When I do that, the firewalls prevent me from opening blogs. So it's a vicious circle. I've saved your tip to a Word document and will try this when I get home tonight. If it works, this will be a tremendous help because I can't put photos on my blog unless they're copied from somewhere on the internet. Can't wait to try this!!!

Cath said...

Chookyblue, I have recently found myself in this predicament and used your advise for emailing. It has worked wonderfully. Thank you so much for sharing. I have linked your post on my blog incase others have the same issue. You are a legend!

Dawn said...

Just wanted to say your blog tips have been a great help with my blog. I'm fairly new to this but now I will try emailing my photos as that was the Bain of my blog life.

Thanks for the encouragement

Jo said...

I'll be giving this a try too.