Sunday 4 March 2007

Fun and mistakes with jelly rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!



Okay so I started off with this Bound for the Prairie 2 jelly roll that I got at Weigela Designs. Couldn't wait to get into it.
I wanted to do something like this but my neighbour came for coffee and chatting and I thought I had done the maths right for cutting but instead of squares I got rectangles so back to the drawing board.

Lots of moving around on the floor and I decided on the pattern below. Luckily I had a piece of material that I could use as the joiner to make some blocks that would go together.
All I need now is some material to put a border around and the top is done. I have a suitable piece of material that will go well for the backing.
Not sure what I will do with it yet but I am sure it will find a home.
Love the colours except for one blue but I will be able to live with it. I did this all yesterday afternoon so it does sew up pretty quickly.
This top measures 43" x 86" so far and with a nice wide border will fit a single bed. I am surprised how far a jelly roll will go. Can't wait to get another one and make something else.
Bye for now

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow cous. Looks great !!!
You got all this done in an afternoon. I should look into this pattern then.....

Belinda said...

Glad to see you got it worked out. Expect something this week in the mail.