Friday 23 January 2015

Quilt top.........

Sorry for the delay..........so much to share but since we got back from our short holiday I had work and they ended up being pretty long days for 2 days (out of 3).............5 hours more in the 2 days then normal...............now that's the kind of days I expect working at home not in town..........and I have a visitor at the moment too.........more about that later..........
@@@@
But back to the task............I shared the fabrics here and then progress here..............
On our way on holidays I had a night at the Cottage on the Hill............
We were talking about the new quilts for the year and Kerry had these gorgeous fabrics and I she said she needed to make something with them...............so I said well what are we making...............hence we started looking at ideas and talking about ideas and started making within 1/2 hr............
I started sewing and Kerry cutting and ironing an then we swapped..............
 a layer cake, jelly roll and some yardage and here we go.........
Kerry had the quilt top finished the next night.........
It's probably even been quilted by Betty now..........
But it's great and I'm thinking this could be my retreat quilt for 2015............
Or maybe I could just get a kit from Kerry and make it anyway now...........
Kerry's been busy pattern writing as she has 3 new quilts for 2015......
It was so much fun just letting it develop as we go and sewing on the one project with a friend..........it did come together pretty quick............ 
Catch you later
Chookyblue

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky wow it looks fantastic and those fabrics where made for this quilt,I am loving the blues enjoy your day my friend xx

creations.1 said...

Looks great Chooky - two great minds working together! The Blues and Browns work well together.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilt top. Hugs, xx

Cheryll said...

WOW ...the quilt is gorgeous... & so much fun knowing you were part of its development.
Shame about that dreaded four letter word...WORK...but it makes you enjoy holidays all the more.
Nice holidays pic's too... gotta LoVe a beach! :)

loulee said...

Love it. I'm a sucker for blue and a sucker for stars, so I was doubly hooked!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That is so gorgeous Chooky!

Deb said...

That is a beautiful top and the colours are so rich. Magnificent

Dawn said...

Quick...... that was amazing that you all did that in such little time. Love the design and the colours, good job

Jewells said...

When sewing with someone else, a project grows very quickly, and the time also goes too quickly!

Ondrea said...

Looking good. Love the colourways.

wish2stitch said...

Very nice.....and it just happens to be blue.

Fiona said...

your starry quilt looks great....
Hugz

Lynn said...

I love it, and what wonderful colors!

marina said...

gorgeous quilt!
the fabrics are so beautiful.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Gorgeous x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic Chooky xx

Susan said...

sounds like lot of fun - and I love that quilt

Flickenstichlerin said...

Very nice Chookyblue, great idea to use it for 2015 retreats.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Susan said...

Creating a new quilt in a quilt shop......sounds like a perfect holiday!

Joy McD said...

It's just gorgeous! xxx

KimM said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty. I love blues.
Hugs
xxx

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous Quilt and super super fast ;))

Googy Girl said...

looks great, lovely design and colours

quiltygal said...

Hi Chooky I love this quilt I'm a sucker for stars.... please can you let us know if it develops into a pattern :) I'm just off to catch up with all the posts I missed while absent from blogland :)

FloS said...

Splendid quilt !
Florence

Narelle said...

Amazing job!
Love the design and gorgeous colours :o)

Susie said...

Fabulous Chooky

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love it...stars, blue, stitching up a storm with a friend, all the good stuff!...