Monday 24 October 2011

not the usual car problems...........

Found this tree on Thursday............I have been going past it for months at a distance but I was close the other day.............look at all the bumps on it...........cool........
Bookworm was playing games with a new calf when we were putting them in yesterday...........putting his hat on the calf..........
Bookworm headed home on the motor bike and stopped not very far down the road holding these up.....from a distance I thought he had 2 rats..........but it was much better 2 bearded dragons............he caught them on the road together............then he popped them down so we could head home and the ran up onto my car tyres................lol.............
took another 10-15mins to get them off the car...........well one disappeared but this one was very persistent.............
Finally got him off the car tyre and Bookworm let him go and he ran up the 4wheeler tyre................once he took him off here he went over and put him on a tree..........
some flowers I found..........
pretty and the colour came out right in the photo.........
thanks for the comments on my last post........my weekend was spent at the cows..........I did get some hand stitching done.................it was a warm weekend .........there is a reasons why Mr Chooky and I usually split the difference with the kids taking one each.............they were tired and narky yesterday and I had both of them.....But I am on countdown as Cardygirl is coming to visit...........OMG I am so excited..........
.....off to do some cattle work..........supposed to be 32 deg.......hot, dusty and flies.......yuck.....but it will be good tonight once it is done............
Catch you later.............Chookyblue............

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Chicken said .....

WHAT ABOUT THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR WEEKEND?????? Did you forget about having your beautiful, delightful 'city girl' niece invite herself to your house for two nights????

She had a wonderful time and is looking forward to January.
Thanks Aunty Don Don xoxo

Di said...

Great photos and story. I don't mind having lizards on my car tyres...it's the snakes under the car that freak me out!!

Janet said...

The lizards look better than the bush rat hanging out at our place.
Pretty flowers, such a nice colour, I'd have taken photos too.
I just know that Cardygirl's visit will be a higlight and cheer you up.

Cardygirl said...

I am SO excited too! I can cope with lizards, kids & calves...can Mr Chookyblue cope with me????

Josie said...

You owe me one! I had to take extra tranqs after seeing those 'creatures'!! Ok... I'll have you know I'm proud to be a Limey Wuss... at least I'm a live one! Snakes.... lizards... spiders... you can keep em!! I'm off to have nightmares.

Kris said...

Sounds like it will be a fun week! It is damp here. Not a lot of rain, but damp. I still have my grandchildren visiting so it will be an eventful week here too.

Love Bears All Things said...

I love reading about and seeing scenes from other countries....thanks for sharing.
I know what you mean about having both the kiddos. I took both of my Grands who live nearby out to lunch on Tuesday...it was not pleasant as they were sniping at each other constantly....next time, it will be one at a time.
Mama Bear

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Love the bearded dragons. We have them here too - saw one of the biggest I have ever seen the other day. Should be fun having Cardy to visit.

Leanne said...

Love the shot of the lizard peeking over the tyre.

Deb said...

Gosh that tree has a serious case of warts doesn't it.....
Enjoy your special time with Cardy girl. Not too much tomfoolery now-lol

TJ said...

great tree that

http://odontaspisferox.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Great tree, really glad we don't have those lizards running free here in NZ. Beautiful flowers - do they grow wild?
Michelle

De said...

What an adventure for some little lizards! So love that tree

FloS said...

Oh la la !!! it is so much different from here !!!! You can't imagine !!! The flowers are very beautiful !
Florence

Jenny said...

There is never a dull moment for you-love the flower photo very pretty and delicate and the story with the lizards cracked me up-they took a fancy to you!

Anne Heidi said...

Cool tree! And I'd love to have those cool looking miniature dragons running around here- they are really cool looking!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

love your stories on the farm!!!

Anita said...

What a cool tree! Have fun with Cardy.......lucky you have no neighbours close by as it might get a bit noisy LOL

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm sooooo not a country girl. I would have screamed if I'd come across lizards that size. We have little gecko's in the garden and that's more than enough lizard for me.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Brilliant, LOVE bearded dragons!

Denice Barker said...

I'm tellin' ya, someday there's going to be a book about your life!