Friday 28 March 2008

Read the label............

Well this pipe is not fix yet but should be tonight............but these are the scones I whipped up this morning......

The agent said he was only joking when he said he wanted scones and jam and cream but that is what he got................he thought they were pretty good.........

....gosh that is a lucky thing .............I had made up a whole batch and usually eat some dough while cooking (bad girl yes I know ) but thought it didn't taste quite right........nothing missing yes I had included all the ingredients.............

had them all prepared and ready for the oven and went to put things away and realised I had used the PLAIN flour instead if the SELF RAISING flour.......OPPS.............emergency..............threw them in the chook bucket and started again and had popped the tray above into the oven just before he arrived...............

he did say he would have eaten the other ones..............lol.........I said he would have told everyone in the district how BAD they were .......lol..........I would never have heard the end of it.........

Here they are cooked............can't really give you a recipe and I just tip some flour in and some cream and milk and pinch of salt and mix up til right "consistency" (dh HATES that word - what is right)
My Nan and Mum taught me how to make them.............lucky me...........

14 comments:

Jodie said...

Those scones look great !
You are a domestic goddess!

Belinda said...

Mmmm,scones..they look good Don! Had a lovely lunch with Cass. She was happy you called.

Anonymous said...

Well this all brings back memories of "A Country Practice" Wanden Valley and Esme Watson.
She would have given the district a run for their money.
I'm sure you have a good name around town with your cooking......
Now what about the rest of us.
Hope you have some prepared for our next meeting. LOL !!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Donna these scones look MAGNIFICENT! YUM!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohh...He was some lucky agent!!!
Sorry you can´t give the recipe...I hate it when somebody just whip something together with no measurements at all...and tastes wonderful...cause I can´t do that!!! :( ...*LOL*... Yes you are LUCKY!! ;D

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My mouth is watering from here! I tried making scones the other day and they didn't turn out right..no puff in them at all. I wonder if the self-raising flour I used was too old or maybe I rolled them too thin...how thick do you roll yours?

Ginger Patches said...

Your scones look yummy!!! I used to make them but then I would eat them...ALL!!! Maybe I should try again now that I have teenager's to help eat them :)

Levin said...

i think i use the same recipe. and they are super easy and great tasting.
my mum is a fabulous soup maker and when you ask her for recipes she just says "...oh you add a bit of this, some stock, some of this, a splash of this....." my soup never tastes the same. i think it's an innate thing. after awhile you get the 'feel' of cooking.
have a great weekend.
l
x

Chocolate Cat said...

What YUMMY looking scones, makes me hungry just looking at the photo......

Pam said...

Oh - those scones do look so good!! I have a great recipe that was given to me - but I think it is the "technique" as I sure can't make them the way the person who gave me the recipe makes them!! I just need to practice - but then I would need to eat them -LOL So I will just admire your's from afar :)))

Lucky you have the chooks to eat all the scraps -- they eat anything don't they - LOL

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Yum! They look so good. I think we all have the occasional disasters in the kitchen, you are so lucky you can feed them to the chooks. I worry if I've made a disaster that I will give my dogs food poisoning, so I have to use the compost heap. Lol.

Lorraine said...

Phew! Lucky you tasted the mixture - your reputation would have been in tatters!!! Unless agents have changed since I was growing up in the country they are the biggest "gossips" around! (in a nice way of course).

Kim said...

Oooh...me thinks we need a recipe...please?

May Kristin said...

I would really like to put my teeth into those scones... they look so yummy!