Thursday 15 November 2007

Christmas.........what do you do........

This is the keep the motivation up for all the sewers in the Secret Santa Christmas Swap. Oh and I am starting to get some photos emailed in and WOW...........I want to show you all but I had better wait .................

After an email from Nicolette the other day I started thinking more about Christmas............

In the Netherlands they do not celebrate Christmas like we do here in Australia they celebrate Sinterklaas on the 5th December - sounds like an absolute fun day to me they get up to mischief but Nicolette will tell you more about that maybe over the weekend. I told her to post the email she sent me.........

We were also discussing Thanks Giving but neither of us celebrate it and I think it is coming up for the US. I am not really sure what it is...........

This is my Chritmas tree from last year......not the best picture
but the only one without the kids in it..............lots of decorations made by the kids are on our tree.........
every year we celebrate Christmas Day with family and occassioanlly have had extras that have not had there own family to spend the day with........
Usually it is very hot but last year there were no fans or airconditioners blowing away to keep us cool. The weather was wonderful and cool.
Our neighbours always come for breakfast.............
I always do a cold lunch...........cold meats and salads but lots do a full on hot roast dinners and others do BBQ etc.........yummy desserts and that is just lunch then pack up and head to the other side of the family and roll in for dinner and wonder why you feel so "fat and full" at the end of the day...........
Boxing Day 26th Dec is often used just to catch up on rest from Christmas Day.............
Christmas is also the start of our long school holidays...............break up just before Christmas and then the kids don't go back to school until early February.
So tell us on your blog what do you do for Christmas, where do you go, food you eat etc..............it would be fun reading different posts over the coming weeks................
-----------take care-----------

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

Great question. I'll share my Christmas in tomorrow's post. Your tree looks lovely.

Paula said...

Thanksgiving is coming up for us here in the states. It is held every year on the 3rd Thursday of November and is a day for us all to celebrate family and friends and all of the things we are thankful for in our lives. The first Thanksgiving was held between the first pilgrims to America and the Native Americans to give thanks in the fall for the bountiful harvest.

May Britt said...

So nice to read about others chrismas. I'll do it on my post soon. Only 5 1/2 week to christmas.

Jenny said...

Christmas has come around so quickly this year it seems- or am I just getting old!!! Your tree looks lovely.

Grazia said...

Your past year tree is very cute!!!
I can't imagine that in 40 days it will be Christmas......I have to think about gifts and then make them.....I'm always in a hurry!!!!
Kisses from Rome (Italy)
P.S. Your blog is very lovely!!!!

Joyce said...

We have our Thanksgiving in Oct but it is similar to the States. I spent two Christmases in Australia and I just can't wrap my head around Christmas without snow, let alone HOT temperatures. Our grandchildren usually go sliding or X-country skiing .

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas tree Donna. Seeing yours makes me wanna get going on putting mine up. It's time to move out the fall decorations I guess. Even though it's hot as you know what here. LOL!!! I'm working on my secret santa gift now. Done with swapping chocolate. :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your tree....Christmas..... it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.....

Teodo said...

Yes Donna I will write about my Christmas day the next week.......
on my yesterday post I shoved the Place cards for Christmas lunch....
ciao ciao

Nihal said...

Dear Donna, your last year's tree fabulous!!! I am looking forward to see your this year's tree impatiently. If you have ever visited my journal, then you'd see that my tree is pretty *ready*. I can not wait, and it is the time in a year which makes me impatient! I just started on lovely cute decorations. Still many things on my agenda...but I know I am a good time-planner:)I will success them all before the bells ringing:)
Blessings,
Nihal