Sunday 28 October 2007

Storms at my house......

Hi all another post tonight but this is the storm that just passed by.........the best lightning storm for ages.....and I am sure there will be more to follow as it is just the start of the season and we usually have lots of storms...............I was so excited I just had to share................

another one is coming in now.............but I think I will go to bed before the power goes off again............our time has changed (to summertime) here today..............I am confused and will be for a few days................I hate it...........kids going to bed in the daylight............travelling on buses when it is the worst time of the day for heat............

weird hair day .................what do you think...........

(I had emailed this pic to the weather on Sunrise (national news/breakfast show) and they showed it in the weather segment - I am so excited)

Oh and don't forget my last post about camping and the kangaroo pics...............

17 comments:

jodie said...

Great pics, well done

dutchcomfort said...

Lightning storms in Springtime and heat already? I can’t stop being amazed by our climate-differences!

Hedgehog said...

Gorgeous photos!

Joyce said...

Amazing pictures of lightning! I like thunderstorms but always worry about lightning hitting our tall, tall aerial for the internet. We have another week of daylight saving time. I'm not sure why the powers that be decided we needed another week but there you have it.

Joni said...

OH kudos on the lightening picture, they are fabulous!

Pam said...

Those are such great pictures. I was at my parents house this summer and they had a great lighting storm and I could get one single picture! Your pictures are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Go Girl! You champion photography, they will be asking for you pics soon. We slept in this morning, not a great start to daylight saving. I'm not going to let it effect me.
Loved the thunder and lightning before bed but this morning it looks like nothing happened. Bummer.

CONNIE W said...

My goodness, what scary lightning! So many strikes in one photo.

Annie said...

FANTASTIC photos! Wish I had seen them on Sunrise. You are a champion! I hope it brings some more rain for you.

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Great, great photos.

Leanne said...

Great photos we also had a storm on the weekend I would love storms more if it wasn't for our dogs.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, so glad to see you got some rain. I always hated daylight saving too. Congratulations on getting your pictures on Sunrise - are Mel and Kochie still the hosts?

Anonymous said...

AWESOME lightning shots!

If only we'd get some RAIN!

Paula said...

Wow! Great pictures of the lightning storm! How exciting for you that one of yours was shown. I believe they are some of the best storm pictures I have ever seen...

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Wow, they are stunning pictures. Congrats on getting your pic on Sunrise. I hope you got some more rain out of the storm.

Unknown said...

You know we almost never have lightnings here in Iceland, I hope you had some rain also. The pictures are great.

chq said...

I love lighting storms...I absolutely love them. When the kids were little we would open the curtains, and watch the storm. What a show you had!