Monday 17 December 2012

Time.........where has it gone............

WARNING FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS POST.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.it doesn't even contain a pic sorry
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The last month more so has been out of control in the Chook House.............complete chaos...........you know how you keep going  and then suddenly it all catches up...........well i've hit the point.............actually I probably hit it last week and it's taking a lot to get back into action.........
- who stole the last month or 2 from my calendar
- goodness knows when I did a proper grocery shop last
- I have posts to do and just can't get there
- I usually decorate the 1st weekend in Dec but still haven't it doesn't help I am having some repairs done in the lounge room and the lounge room is jammed into numerous rooms of the house
- people keep asking me what i am "doing" for Christmas and I really don't know yet - it's going to be very quiet
- I have visitors coming Friday night but between the washing I have done over the last month or 2 that hasn't been re-worn, ironed or packed away I can't see the beds.........
- I spent the day in the Chook Shed on Sunday and it was 38-39 degrees..........shame I didn't lose any weight sweating it out..........but I loved what I sewed
- I still have Christmas sewing to do and not sure when I will fit it in
- people in my house expect to eat............I have no idea what is in the house to eat
- I need to reply to some emails but when????
-  Mr Chooky keeps asking do we have all the presents...........who knows.........need to wrap some to work that out...........
- calling 000 really stresses you out when it's your child........lucky everything was ok..........
- can someone come and clean my house..........Mr Chooky said he would help on Thursday but seriously where do I start
- it just won't rain dam it..........
- people keep asking me to do things............saying no is difficult..........
- we have only had a couple of days under 30deg in the last month
- cold showers just aren't cold when it's hot
- I have a lot of blogs to comment on but when???
- when you live where I live how do you find someone to fix an ipod screen..........
- icloud confuses me does anyone know more about it???
- waking at 5-5.30am is over rated
- if you ignore things will they go away??? I am ignoring lots of things at the moment
BUT
- school holidays start Thursday til end Jan/early Feb
- I have a few weeks off work as of Thursday too - big YIPPEE
- I have nothing planned except one weekend away in the holidays - yippee...........
- I have managed to keep the lawns mowed, garden and lawn watered and it looks beautiful considering it won't rain...gotta love agapanthus and crepe myrtle
- I am getting used to the heat more.......
- I have received a couple of Christmas Swaps........another big YIPPEE
- the pool has been beautiful
- I said NO to a committee job after I had said maybe yes.........they are ok and found someone else to do the job....should do this more
- maybe it will rain soon.........please please please
- I can have "nanna naps" in the holidays
- I know worse things can happen but in my little world right now this is all I can cope with..........bring on the holidays and a big recharge..........
- if you comment it may take me a bit to get back to you.............
- off to bed..........

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

32 comments:

AnitaS said...

I am extra grateful you made my kerstruil. Make a list and skip everything if is not needed to survey. Do except a lot of help. Make for only once a christmasdinner from prepared food. And most of all try to enjoy.

Leanne said...

Hi Chooky, You have just described my last two months exactly, including the no rain!!
Hang in there love. Don't stress, it will all be there when you are ready to get to it. Relax and enjoy the time with your family. Ironed clothes in the cupboard are over-rated...hahaha... L xo

No need to reply :)

Anonymous said...

oh dear, Chooky i hope things get better for you,i got stressed just reading it all,take care my friend and take a deep breath.xx

Larissa said...

Wow! What a list ... you sound busier than me - and I didn't think that was possible at the moment!! Lol! ... I hope you're able to enjoy a quieter time over your Christmas holidays!! Relax!! Enjoy some me-stitching rather than for everyone else! And above all ... don't stress!!! Hugs!

Khris78 said...

Crazy crazy crazy .... Remember to breathe !!!

Jenny said...

Hey you crazy thing I hope you get some down time. I can relate to your situation is it Christmas fever?

Susan said...

OH Chookyblue - I would come & help if I could really - but I am thinking a bit the same - still some secret sewing to do - by Wednesday 11.00am - absolutely NO presents bought yet, but at least we do have food in the house and some ironed clothes and fortunately no visitors - yet.
Hang in there, don't sweat the small stuff. NO need to reply - I know how it is.

Noela said...

You are not alone Chooky. I thought I was reading a post written by me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is so far behind it's not funny. Just get done what you can and ignore the rest, that's all we can do I guess. Hugs.....

suzitee said...

I was feeling exactly the same way Chooky...and then my holidays started on Friday, and my kids finish school tomorrow, and finally I see the light at the end of the tunnel. My mantra is..."It will all get done...just not today :)"
Hang in there...the important things will get done.
No reply necessary :)

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

housework will always wait! ..(from one very slack housekeeper)....Your more important and we love you. ..so look after yourself.
dont reply and I look forward to a chat when things settle down. Xx

Lynny said...

I have just finished for the day too, but thought I would have some me time and read some blogs, am I glad I did, you made me feel better about all I have to do and know I am not alone, why do we decide that our houses have to be so tidy at xmas time and I am not even going to be here. And why did 2 babies have to be born now, so that quilts had to be made as well as getting ready for the holiday.
Merry xmas everyone, hugs to all.

Josie said...

Boy oh boy! I got stressed just reading your post too... wish I lived close enough to be able to pop over and give you a hand. Second thoughts I'm about to spin off the planet too... amazing how stressful living in the sticks can get. Please don't reply to this comment... use the time to take a deep breath a swig of wine
and relax. ;o)

Michelle said...

Take a day out for yourself-put your feet up-catch up on sleep and it will all fall into place!!!!!!
Michelle

barb's creations said...

The Christmas merry go round where all you want to do is scream and get of but it just keeps on going round and round!
Take care of yourself that's the most important thing for you to do at this time of year,I hope you get a chance to rest over your holidays and have lots of nana naps :) Barb.

De said...

Sit! Breathe! Its all going to happen with or without you....thats the way it goes! I have had to keep reminding myself of that. What a scare on the 000 - glad everything turned out ok on that one!

Your visitors are coming to visit you - not your laundry - get them to help - it will be fun, Take some time to recharge and remember you are the most important person in all this and there are some other people in your household that need you around. xoxoxo

Sue SA said...

Just do the grocery shopping, cos eating is important, especially this time of year. Put your feet up have a cup of tea and goggle screen fixing issue - one of the Dad's at school told me that he learned how to fix iphone screens (which he now does as a cash job on the side) on Youtube...along with cake decorating!
Then give the kids the last two days off school - but make them do some housekeeping chores.
And then consider doing your christmas shopping online - aparently Peters of Kensington rocks, but I dont shop online, so just passing on what bachelors tell me!
Sorry cannot help with rain, we did get some, but think that may have spoiled the cherry farmers crops in the Adelaide hills. Putting off ringing the bro's as they were onto the wheat, so nearly finished, but got an inch. On the plus side that has made Adelaide cool down, but honestly having to buy a jumper at Christmas sales last year in Victoria was overrated!

Sue SA said...

Merry Christmas, hope you have a great festive season.

Sylvia said...

Hope you can manage a well deserved rest over the holidays and a recharge! Have a very happy Christmas and don't bother to write back to the comment. Thanks too for all your hard work with the Stitch-a-long once again.

Susan said...

I do hope the holidays bring you some peace and relaxation (and rain) and a chance to regroup. We have missed your virtual smile in blogland. Take care, and no reply needed. X

Leanne said...

Wow chooky you have been a busy girl, lets hope you find time to enjoy the holidays and get some well deserved rest.

Raewyn said...

I commiserate with you and enjoy your honesty! I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who struggles to fit it all in at times - and I know there are plenty out there in the same boat. Don't sweat the small stuff (eg laundry) - I'm sure everything will fall into place for you and you will enjoy a lovely Christmas and summer. (And you needn't reply to this comment either!)

Fiona said...

life has a way of doing this to us... .hope it will all calm down soon and cool down too.... don't worry to reply ... just know you are being thought about.. and 'breathe in... breathe out...."...
Hugz

Wendy said...

wow! Remember to take a few moments for yourself during this time...

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Wow Chooky you need a holiday in the great white North! Come to Canada...we have had way too much rain, wish it were a bit cooler then it would be heaps of snow! Its grey and yucky here...I've been sick for 4 weeks now...we need to have a pitty party together! two weeks holidays start on Friday for us. I do hope you get some reprieve from the heat though...that is enough to wilt anyone! Find comfort in your stitching...that seems to work for me. Take a deep breath and keep your chin up!

Terry said...

Don't spend any of your precious time replying to this...just know that you are not alone. Life is crazy for most of us. Hang in there! :0)

Susie said...

don't reply - just take a deep breath and smile. Nanna nap when you can and happy to see you do have a pool to alleviate some of the heat. I used ot love the heat when I was younger, care free, no kids, no cooking to do and could spend all day on the beach. Now I'm not so keen. Have a merry christmas and a wonderful re-charge ready for the new year! Lv S

Tracy said...

Some cool weather and rain would probably fix a lot of the stress you are feeling I'm sure. I do hope you start to unwind some when you are on holidays and can enjoy the break.
Chill.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hey.....stop....take a big breath...now let it out....all will be wonderful.....it will rain....does this help if I say ...Luv ya....xx

Janice said...

Poor Chooky. I feel for you. We are pretty much the same here, but without the intense heat and ultra dry season. Thank goodness for the pool and that all was OK after the 000 call. I keep telling myself that it will all come together on the day. It doesn't matter if it isn't absolutely picture perfect. Take care.

Nicky said...

Can't think of anything that will help sorry! Everyone else seems to have said it all..... and tomorrow is another day. I hope things are improved for you now......

seabreezequilts said...

Hugs choosy hope things slow down a pace soon.

Anne Heidi said...

Just remember to breathe.....
Thank you so much for the lovely cards- they arrived this week, and I LOVE them all.
Hugs