Sunday 9 September 2012

the weekend that was.........

Wow I have just enjoyed a wonderful weekend sewing with friends...............
there was supposed to be 4 of us so Janice found this bottle for us to share "Four Sisters" but at the last minute Deb couldn't come..........don't worry Deb we drank your share..........
simple salad buns...........
The plan of attack for me for the weekend was my SKofW Stitch-a-long quilt 
My Favourite Things by Anni Downs...........from her Some Kind of Wonderful book
I had row one and some of row 2 traced onto the applique paper and fabrics cut for a couple of blocks.........
but by the end of the weekend I had all the blocks traced onto applique paper............changed 3 of the blocks to make it more "me".............cut all the background and weaveline for the back of the blocks........
picked out heaps of the fabrics and got things all organised into plastic sleeves and into rows...........yep feeling a bit too organised but hey there is always a first..............lol
some are more prepared then others..........
and finally I had one finish.............this is replacing the icecream block..............
sadly we had already drunk the pink bubbles so didn't have any for the photo.......
what do you think???
and I had the pleasure to see Janice put her quilt together.............she had rows and strips.............now she has a quilt top but I'm not going to ruin  her show and tell so here is a snippet...........i'm sure when she gets a chance she will get a post up..............but it was very exciting seeing it grow...........
my other friend "the finisher" and I tackled machine blanket stitch.........
hope you got to do something you enjoy on the weekend.........
we also had a fire and BBQ one night and a beautifully sunny weekend...........well if it can't rain at least it is lovely weather.............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

31 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Chooky I love your block and wow you have done heaps!!! Today I finished stitching the last block of GJ...I can't believe it!!!!!! Don't know how I'll go with cutting up fabrics though as I put a chisel through my hand yesterday at the theatre but I am resting and Hubby has taken over caring duties! Here's a big Cheers to us as I have a sip!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

how nice the 4 sisters,lovely name.I love your wine block,very clever,so glad you had a great weekend and that it was sunny.xx

Yvonne W said...

You have had a very productive weekend and I love your pink champagne. It is lovely to have sewing time with friends.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just loved your block chooky, Machine blanket stitch...my favourite!lol!

Lisa

Susan said...

The champagne block is so you. Well done girls on all your hard work!

Khris78 said...

Wow your on fire :) Love your champagne block :)

Jenny said...

I love the champagne block , definitely you choosy

Jenny said...

Oh no, may be I have had too much champagne to check before entering , SORRY Chooky.

Larissa said...

What a great weekend!!! Would LOVE to find some crafty friends up here, but most quilty-inclined people I know don't live up here :( ... You've achieved a lot, getting so many blocks prepared and getting a good start on getting them together! Hoping to get on to mine shortly!! Champange block looks good enough to drink! Hugs! xx

Cat said...

Ohhhh I do have a weakness for pink bubbles
Lovely post

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! yeeeey for getting your SKOW blocks ready to stitch!!!!

Christine M said...

I love your champagne block Chooky. It's gorgeous.

FloS said...

I'm glad to look at your SKoW quilt !! Champagne is great !
Florence

Wendy said...

Looks like you all had a lovely time!

Cardygirl said...

Glad you had fun...love the champagne block!

Susan said...

Seems like you accomplished a lot- and had fun into the bargain - things always go better with friends - and champagne doesn't hurt! Love your champagne block - look forward to the other "personalisations"

Kylie said...

Sounds like a great weekend xxx

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

WOW ..the organisation is just SO impressive..so is the champagne block! well done! love it! Xx

Unknown said...

So Glad you had a Great Weekend with the Girl's....and soo Organized well done.
Love your Block.
Cheers

Sue SA said...

I love being organised but rarely live up to my own standards! So glad you got it all done, will making doing a bit here and there so much more achieveable. Pink champers with girlfriends and stitching sounds like a divine weekend - love the 4 Sisters wines, a good Grampians wine! Happy quilting Sue SA.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend Chooky, love your new block...very you..LOL....xx

Deb R said...

Awww looks like I missed a great weekend!!!! I wouldnt have been able to drink due to my medi, so not upset you girls drank my share!!! Come rain hail or shine Ill be there next time!!!!

Shiralee Stitches said...

What a lovely way to spend a weekend.....funnily enough I have a glass of wine as one of my blocks for SKOW too.....bet you can't believe that from me!!!!!....haha.....I can hear your response from here!!!....lol.....glad you've got super organised for the quilt...

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great weekend - and lots of work done as well

Houseelf said...

Good company and good craft projects = a good weekend. Here I was at an air show and saw one of only 2 flying Lancasters in the world. Amazing!

Diane-crewe said...

I am impressed by what you got done .... especially considering the alcohol consumed!! lol xx

Sue-Anne said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend, love your block with the pink bubbles!

Fee said...

Great Progress - Hmmm looks like a nice drop - Glad you had a great time Fee x

Anita said...

ooh you were organised! LOL
Love the champagne block!
Looks like a perfect weekend!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful! I love the idea of stitchery and appliqué together.

Anonymous said...

Looks like all the best things for a great weekend :))