Tuesday 7 August 2012

it's that time of the year............

Yep the most beautiful time of the year...............wattle time.............it always amazes me how some insignificant bush will just sit there all year and suddenly in August it bursts into a mass of gorgeous golden yellow...........it's still frosty and cold but to me it means winter is almost over and spring is on it's way......
with a change to work due to no technology I filled my day in with a few more renos..............
Mr Chooky was working on the bathroom...............I touched up some spots painting skirting boards and architraves etc............the bathroom is not finished yet but looking a million dollars on what it was...........
And when I got home I quickly got some wood in and the washing off the line and finished off 14 (14/32) of the inner compass sections............I must keep plugging away.......I still haven't got back to do anything on my retreat quilt so I need to keep the momentum up or I will have nothing done when I go back to class..............
Hope you find some stitching time.........be it 5 mins or 30mins it all adds up.........and I am trying to find more of those short opportunities..........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Noela said...

I agree Chooky, a few minutes here or there is all that is needed. Will look forward to see your finished reno. Hugs...

Jo in TAS said...

The days are getting longer but not get warmer yet in Tassie! Bathrrom reno is looking good. I'm about to do a little stitching too, great therapy after a crappy day at work.

Leanne said...

All those little minutes here and there are how I get all my stitching done. The bathroom looks great...L xo

Susan said...

Absolutely right about the short opportunities. If I waited for a block of time nothing would happen - sewing or otherwise. Great to see you're on a roll.

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous wattle .....bring on spring!!!

suzitee said...

It's ALL about those tiny snippets of time for me these days, Chooky! I love wattle too...really must get out and see the wildflowers this year. Keep going on those trcky compasses!

Kate said...

As much as I'm happy to see winter on the way out, the wattle is really getting to me this year. Haven't sneezed so much in ages!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I love wattle ... achoooo! .. :o)

It is all about little snippets of sewing time for me these days to.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

It's a different time of year here, but still for us it is "that" time of year -- when the dogwood leaves begin to turn red, then we know that summer is waning. This summer has been beastly hot Near Philadelphia and in many other parts of the US, too. I won't mind having to look for a sweater in another six weeks....

Wacky Woman said...

Remodling can be so stressful, you need to grab those sewing moments.

Anonymous said...

Glad that the renos are almost done!! Yay!! I agree with taking every 5 minutes you can - cause it all adds up. Now, I just need to find 5 minutes!! ;)

Fiona said...

The wattles are lovely... it's so nice to see dry vegetation and then this happy splash of yellow.... reno's are looking good and so is your compass....
Hugz

Cat said...

Not sure about stitching time BUT I have found lots of time today to catch up on blog reading

Cardygirl said...

How exciting! Nice to see the wattle, so the frosty mornings are numbered!

Roseanne said...

I like spring but spring dose not like me I get hay fever from wattles. bathroom reno are looking good.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

The bathroom looks great, and I hope you'll get more than 5mins to do some sewing soon :-)

Leanne said...

The wattle has been a fantastic site all the way along our journey north. The reno looks great.

Jenny said...

Chooky wow you have been so busy. Its frosty here also, haven't had much to blog about lately but you awesome girl "the compass"good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know...I said to Chris J did she meet my friend Donna, she said oh yeah Chookyblue, one fun lady :)

FloS said...

I always bring my stitching bag with me at work and manage to stitch 5 or 10minutes at the lunch break !!!
So I can tell you you're doing right !!!
Florence

Wendy said...

Remodeling is a hard job! Especially if you really need the space that is getting revamped. Hope yours goes quickly for you. The wattle bush is lovely, and I am assuming it is the pic in your header also?

Nicky said...

That vanity is gorgeous, love your bathroom progress. Your wattle is a much prettier yellow than the gorse we have flowering at the moment....lol
Now if I could just catch those elusive few minutes and find my needle......