Wednesday 16 March 2011

Doll Quilt Swap received........are we twins..........

Wow what a great mail today................I got my quilt from Maree in the Doll Quilt Swap.................
are we twins or not............actually it is quite weird with us girls..............so many times we do/say things the same it is scary..............in a good way..............
remember my quilt in the last post..............yep nine patch set on point.............I cracked up when I opened the parcel..............wondering how Maree kept it together and quiet once she had opened the parcel from me knowing we had both made pretty much the same quilt................
Maree's hand quilting is much better then mine...........you can't quite see here but the cross hatching is all over the quilt............it just doesn't show in the pic on the middle.............
I am stoked and I love it............
Better pack it in with the show and tell for Girls Day in the Country..................only a bit more binding to do on the Gardener's Journal...........but it is just too warm and steamy here tonight to have a quilt on my lap...........
Oh and I had some other things to keep me busy I helped a couple of girls get started with blogs................
you all know how exciting it is once you get a comment .....
........head over and give them a welcome and introduce yourself...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

20 comments:

Susan said...

That really is spooky!! But it looks great

Annie said...

That's amazing when you're on the same wavelength with someone like that. Off to welcome the newbies.

AnitaS said...

It is a lovely guilt. It is very funny that you both made the quilts so simular.

Rumi said...

This is where the term "great minds think alike" comes in! I love both your little quilts!

Judith said...

It is so much fun when you are on the same wavelength. Both are beautifull

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

how about that! Beautiful quilts indeedy, but you know what they say about great minds thinking alike...

Nicky said...

Too funny! Maybe you really are twins. lol

The quilt is lovely, Maree has done a fabulous job - it looks very 'you' Chooky.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I think you are....Maree sent me a photo of what she had made for you after she made the post of what you sent her (LOL you know what I mean)........how amazing is that...gorgeous quilt...

Cardygirl said...

Eerie! You really know each other so well!

Bec said...

Gorgeous little quilt!

Anonymous said...

I think we are twins... blogging twins... it was so hard to keep the secret once I knew we'd done almost the same pattern.... lucky Peg was there to share it with me!!

Wendy said...

They say great minds think alike!

De said...

Sometimes you just find that person that is in your head space! LOL! Its all good fun! And love your quilt

Kim Brackett said...

It's precious! Is there anything better than a nine-patch quilt?

I'm off to visit your friends now!

Diann said...

The doll quilts are very nice, both of them. I've made LOTS of doll clothes, but never a doll quilt. I'll have to try it.

I went to visit your new bloggers and give them a welcome. Lots of people were ahead of me so they are getting a satisfying number of comments.

Mistea said...

Beautiful - yep must be twins!

Janet said...

You know what they say about great minds. You both scored, they're just as lovely as ech others.

rosie said...

love your work, your blog and your advice Chooky! Have started my own blog and trying to figure everything out. Thankyou for your tutorials. Am having fun while I am at it....

Chocolate Cat said...

Gorgeous!!! Great minds think alike!

Unknown said...

Amazing, but they are really very different from each other!